What are you leaving behind?
Your legacy could keep nature alive for the many generations to come.
My dear belated Hansjürg and I decided to contribute to sustainable nature conservation as a means to safeguarding the natural wealth of our earth. The Peace Parks Foundation Legacy Society offered an ideal platform to donate your fortune, or a part of it, in a useful manner – to keep your legacy alive, while at the same time developing transfrontier conservation areas throughout southern Africa.
Francesca Saager, Legacy Society Chairperson
Legacies can take many shapes
- Living legacy: Make regular financial gifts during your lifetime
- Pecuniary bequest: You can bequeath a specific gift of money
- Reversionary bequest: A gift of actual assets that are left to a particular beneficiary to use during his or her lifetime. The assets would then pass to Peace Parks Foundation on the death of that particular person
- Conditional bequest: Ensures that, should none of your named dependents survive you, your estate, or a portion thereof, would then be left to Peace Parks Foundation
- Specific or on-monetary bequest: A collection, property, shares or a work of art
- Residuary bequest: Once you have decided what you wish to leave to your loved ones and after all other payments have been made, you may bequeath the balance of your estate, or a portion thereof, to Peace Parks Foundation.
Legacy Tax Benefits
Reducing the total value of your estate can lead to considerable savings on tax, depending on the tax laws of your country. Peace Parks has established structures outside South Africa that allow for donations to be made in a tax-efficient manner.
In South Africa, bequests to Peace Parks Foundation are exempt from tax if the donation amounts to more than R1 million in a specific year. The foundation’s valued partners in training, the SA College for Tourism and Southern African Wildlife College, are both registered non-profit organisations that are tax exempt without any limitations, making all bequests to the colleges, regardless of value, tax exempt in South Africa.
Become a Member
For more information or to sign up as a member, please provide your details in the form below.
Thank you kindly for contacting us. We will get back to you shortly.SEND AGAIN
Something went wrong while processing your submission, please try again.TRY AGAIN